I’m passing this on as I did not want to be the only „old people“ receiving it. Actually, it’s not a bad thing to be called, as you will see.
- Old People are easy to spot at sporting events; during the playing of the National Anthem.. Old People remove their caps, cover their hearts, stand at attention and sing without embarrassment. They know the words and believe in Them.
- Old People remember World War II, Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal , Normandy , and Hitler..
They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War, The Cold War, the Jet Age and the Moon Landing. They remember the 50 plus Peacekeeping
Missions from 1945 to 2005, not to mention Vietnam
- If you bump into an Old
People on the sidewalk he will apologize. If you pass an Old People on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady. Old People trust strangers and are courtly to women and treat them with great respect.
- Old People hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection.
- Old People get embarrassed if
someone curses in front of women and children and they don’t like any filth or dirty language on TV or in movies.
- Old People have moral courage and personal integrity. They seldom brag unless it’s about their children, grandchildren or their animals.
- It’s the Old People who know our great country is protected, not by politicians, but by the young men and women in the military serving their country.
- This country needs Old People with their work ethic, sense of responsibility, pride in their country, and decent values.We need them now more than ever.
Thank God for Old
Pass this on to all of the „Old People“ you know.
I was taught to respect my elders. It’s just getting harder to find them.